Speed up food processing equipment design with Solid Edge
Solid Edge software enables manufacturers to steamline the design of new equipment to reduce delivery time and increase profit margins
Affordable, Professional Productivity Solutions
Solid Edge provides solutions for industrial food processing equipment design, validation and manufacturing that help you meet these challenges. Solid Edge can help your company flourish in the demanding IFPE business environment with:
Built-in photorealistic rendering tools that enable you to create amazing product images and animations
The ability to track “as-built” equipment configurations to facilitate installation and ongoing service
Solid Edge data management offers scalable solutions for management of CAD files and related technical data that meet the needs of IFPE manufacturers, from startups and very small firms to larger manufacturers with distributed operations.
The ability to rapidly design, analyze and modify 3D parts and assembly models to ensure accurate fit and function of all components
Accurate and timely supply of information to the shop floor – including 2D drawings, 3D models and bills of materials – that results in less errors and rework in manufacturing
With 3D CAD, simulation, manufacturing and design management capabilities, Solid Edge provides an integrated portfolio of affordable and easy-to-use equipment design solutions that help you design better and meet your customers’ needs.
Shrinking Industrial Food Processing Equipment Design Time
Reading Bakery Systems designs and manufactures equipment for high-volume production of pretzels, cookies and crackers.
They have achieved a 63 percent improvement in design productivity using Solid Edge.
- Products require significant customization and thousands of drawings
- Customer deadlines must be met to avoid costly penalty clauses
- Unmanaged, out-of-date designs can’t be trusted, causing costly redesign work
Keys to Success
- Move from old 2D design process to more productive 3D
- Find an easy-to-use 3D design system with powerful assembly modeling sheet metal design capabilities
- Incorporate design management to guarantee design integrity and share product information outside of engineering
- 3 percent design productivity gain
- Detailed drawing production time reduced from 3.2 to 1.2 hours
- Produced almost three times as many drawings in first year
- About half of all RBS employees (manufacturing, purchasing, sales, CNC shop) can now access current design data