Electrical design software for ECAD MCAD collaboration
Solid Edge helps you overcome electromechanical design challenges with a dedicated solution for electrical design—enabling true co-design collaboration across electrical and mechanical domains. Based on industry-leading technology from Mentor Graphics, a Siemens business, our products are trusted and proven around the world.
Model your design in 3D – Engineer the electrical details
Solid Edge solutions for electrical design allow you to:
- Design and simulate electrical systems, from simple electrical circuits to complex wire harnesses
- Route wiring and place components in 3D assembly models
- Analyze your models to calculate the correct wire lengths and wire harness designs
- Use virtual simulation to ensure circuitry performs per specification, without waiting for physical prototypes
- Interactively collaborate between ECAD and MCAD domains, even in disperse locations
- Visualize electrical aspects of your design in a 3D environment
- Fully integrate PCB layout and mechanical design environments
- Access robust libraries and parts repositories
A schematic diagramming application, featuring unique integrated electrical analysis and simulation; allows design teams to overcome electromechanical design challenges earlier in the design cycle.
Schematic capture and PCB layout tools that simplify the complex task of printed circuit board design. Includes sketch routing, hierarchical 2D/3D planning and placement, and ECAD/MCAD collaboration.
How to Improve Electromechanical Design Collaboration
How can effective collaboration increase productivity and deliver a robust design? And what can you do to connect electrical and mechanical design teams?
See the solution in action
Solid Edge offers a suite of applications for the design, simulation and manufacturing of electrical systems and wiring harnesses. Developed specifically for this set of tasks, Solid Edge electrical design automates many of the common manual operations that consume an engineer’s time, and reduces the opportunity for human error.
This video showcases Solid Edge Electrical Routing, a dedicated, process-driven environment for the efficient creation, routing and organization of wires, cables and bundles in a Solid Edge assembly. The tool allows design teams to collaborate to create complete and accurate digital mockups containing both mechanical and electrical components.