Model your design in 3D – Engineer the electrical details
Solid Edge solutions for electrical design allow you to:
- Design and simulate electrical systems, from simple electrical circuits to complex wire harnesses
- Route wiring and place components in 3D assembly models
- Prepare 2D industrial control panel layouts
- Analyze your models to calculate the correct wire lengths and wire harness designs
- Use virtual simulation to ensure circuitry performs per specification, without waiting for physical prototypes
- Interactively collaborate between ECAD and MCAD domains, even in disperse locations
- Visualize electrical aspects of your design in a 3D environment
- Fully integrate PCB layout and mechanical design environments
- Access robust libraries and parts repositories
- Increase productivity with full Teamcenter data synchronization
A graphical design environment for creating wiring diagrams and service documentation. Features unique integrated electrical analysis and simulation that allow you to overcome electromechanical design challenges earlier in the design cycle. Includes configurable and re-usable layout design capabilities for use in the preparation of 2D industrial control panels.
A 2D graphical design environment for harness and formboard design. Automates the complete design-to-production flow. Automates the generation of full-scaled, manufacturing-ready drawings, a bill of materials and manufacturing reports, which significantly reduces production lead times and prevents manufacturing errors.
A dedicated, process-driven environment for the efficient creation, routing and organization of wires, cables and bundles in a mechanical assembly. Enables the transfer of harness topology data between MCAD-ECAD environments, reducing design time and manufacturing readiness. The unique connected mode feature highlights design changes in both environments through cross-probing. Live feedback immediately displays potential challenges.
Schematic capture and PCB layout tools that simplify the complex task of printed circuit board design. Includes sketch routing, hierarchical 2D/3D planning and placement, and ECAD/MCAD collaboration.
An open, interoperable collaboration environment for the development of printed circuit boards. Breaks down the communications barriers in PCB design by efficiently communicating design intent between ECAD and MCAD systems.
How to Improve Electromechanical Design Collaboration
How can effective collaboration increase productivity and deliver a robust design? And what can you do to connect electrical and mechanical design teams?