PCB Design: Benefits of Collaboration
Read the best practices eBook to learn how focusing on collaboration between electrical and mechanical flows can help you avoid last-minute changes that cost time and money.
- Easily create and export design intent for PCBs from MCAD environment
- Efficiently transmit data bi-directionally between domains using IDX data format – transfer only data needed to propose changes
- Use realistic 3D views of PCB components to aid in design development
- Locate PCB components easily using a PCB pathfinder
- View component properties with a simple click – no more searching for a part in a graphical environment
- Import copper data, in the form of sketches, from the electrical domain
Although Solid Edge PCB Collaboration works seamlessly with Solid Edge PCB Design, it may also be deployed with other industry-leading PCB design software applications that use the IDX format for ECAD-MCAD collaboration.
See PCB Design and Collaboration in Action
Fully integrated 3D layout with placement, constraints, design rule checking (DRC) and photo-realistic visualization minimizes MCAD iterations. Solid Edge PCB Collaboration efficiently transmits data bi-directionally between ECAD and MCAD environments, enabling design aspects from the MCAD environment to flow to PCB Design for initial placement.