E3.series – Zuken
E3.series – Zuken
Spreadsheets and sketches are no longer adequate to design and manufacture today’s complex cables, harnesses or panels. An electrically-aware system that can quickly detect design faults, tolerance violations and maintain data integrity are paramount in today’s design processes.
The E3.series can be easily tailored for your design needs whether you are designing a harness, panel or hydraulic system. E3.series is a single executable, single project solution that is extended with the addition of feature licenses. This unique architecture not only simplifies software configuration for the job at hand, but guarantees data consistency without the burden of synchronizing design databases. E3.series has specific solutions for a number of industries that include: aerospace, automotive, machinery, power, railway, special vehicles, systems, telecom/wireline. E3.series is easily configurable to meet your needs:
- E3.schematic is core to all E3.series modules and provides electrical engineers with an easy-to-use solution for designing and documenting electrical control systems including schematic diagrams, terminal plans and PLC’s
- E3.cable is a superset of E3.schematic and is used for designing and documenting cable plans and harness layouts. Individual conductors are combined together in the design to form new cables or harnesses. Shielding and twisted-pair structure can also be added to the cables and automatically shown in the schematic.
- E3.fluid is the solution for designing and documenting all fluid systems. It is a complete, easy-to-use solution with core functionality optimized for the development of hydraulic, pneumatic, cooling and lubrication systems.
- E3.panel is a 2D/3D capability that allows engineers to layout components inside panel enclosures. Intelligent automatic snapping points allow parts to be easily placed in their correct location, and with keep-out and height restrictions it is also possible to prevent clashes. The ease-of-use means electrical engineers do not need to understand M-CAD tools.
- E3.formboard provides for the design of nailboards (formboards) for producing cable harnesses. E3.formboard is fully integrated within E³.cable and provides a complete solution for creating cable harness drawings for production.
- E3.3D Routing Bridge enables companies to integrate their electrical harness design with Siemens Solid Edge. Electrical harness details such as connectors, terminals, splices and netlist information are transferred to Siemens Solid Edge, where harness engineers route the cables in the mechanical space. The length and structure data for the harness is then fed into E3.series, where the final details are added for manufacturing.
- E3.ZPA is Zuken’s PDM/PLM Adapter which communicates with Siemens PLM Teamcenter and E³.series using an API. Siemens PLM Teamcenter is fully support by ZPA and provides the following capabilities:
- Document management
- Bills of materials
- Part management
- Harness management