Preparing a model for finite element analysis (FEA) is easy with Solid Edge, even if you don’t have extensive 3D CAD skills. In this video, you’ll discover how Solid Edge provides easy-to-use tools for FEA simulation preparation, and that it doesn’t matter if your geometry was created in Solid Edge or another 3D CAD tool.
Built-in finite element analysis (FEA) capabilities
Solid Edge Simulation is built-in finite element analysis (FEA), allowing design engineers to digitally validate part and assembly designs within the Solid Edge environment. Based on proven technology, Solid Edge Simulation significantly reduces the need for physical prototypes, which lowers your material and testing costs, and saves design time.
- Reduce the need for physical prototypes to save time and money
- Create finite element models for solid and sheet metal structures automatically
- Make adjustments to refine meshing for improved accuracy
- Leverage boundary condition definitions required to model realistic operating environments
- Interpret and understand the resulting model behavior quickly with the comprehensive graphical post-processing tools
- Enable design engineers to check for full range of motion, clearance and collisions automatically
- Verify if assemblies are overbuilt, based on the amount of stress exerted on them
- Determine the natural frequencies of a part or assembly in free vibration
- Determine the load at which a structure becomes unstable
- Analyze thermal conditions on mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies
Leverage a proven solution for design and drafting
Solid Edge Design and Drafting is our basic 3D CAD and support package, with introductory part and assembly design, automated drawings, 3D print preparation and cloud-enabled productivity. Solid Edge is a comprehensive 3D design system that uses synchronous technology and convergent modeling to accelerate design, make revisions faster, and enable better re-use. With 3D CAD, simulation, and data management, Solid Edge helps you design better and complete projects faster.
How would you rate this content?